Monday, October 4, 2010

My Weekend

What is my favorite time of the year? Now. I love when I can easily slip on my sweats and a sweatshirt and feel comfortable. I love when its just a bit chilly outside and I can snuggle with my blanket all daylong. Why else do I love this time of the year? Shopping! Club volleyball! Halloween! Thanksgiving! Christmas! SNOW! Something about this time of year makes me estatic! Maybe its the cool breeze that brightens my day- or the gathering of friends or family- or maybe even the tasty treats (healthy of course) [;

But besides that random blabber above, you're probably wondering why I titled this "My Weekend." Well...

Yesterday my mom and I went for a walk before dinner. I usually run, but I'm not allowed to until my thigh feels better. So I thought it'd be nice to just walk and "bond" with my mom. We started out talking about guys in my life. I'm not very open to telling her about the guys I talk to and like yet, but she always seems to know. ("Mom's know everything") The conversation then went on about school and friends. Then we somehow stumbled upon life. I think this may have came about because of our World Cultures discussion. I believe I was telling my mom about John O' Neil and how he might have been able to prevent 911. Well this whole conversation turned into...
"Why didn't anyone listen to John? Why does God allow us to choose our own wills? Why do people choose evil/ the devil? Why is there so much evil in society? Are we all going to die?"

Later came about..

"How did God get here? How could you possibly not beleive in God? Who created God? What is Heaven like? Is Heaven above? Will I go to Heaven? Am I living correctly?Why are we here? How can we talk, move, breath? How can we understand each other? Why does the brain tell us what to do and say 10 seconds before we do it? Why am I girl? Why do I live where I live? Why do I have certain abilities/disabilities? Why am I wealthy/poor? How does the telephone work? How did people find this out? What was the person doing to figure things out? Who came up with math and science? WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY?!

I honestly think I bugged my mother beyond belief. Did she have all these answers for me? No. What was her response?


"Life doesn't always make sense. You never know what's going to happen, or why something happens. You just have to have faith and believe in God. Everything happens for a reason. Live your life the way you want and forget and move on from your mistakes. Don't waste your life studying or worrring over the little things. You need to have fun and live life to the fullest."

I must say, this walk really brougt me closer to my mom and made me realize some things. It was the perfect weather for a walk as well as the perfect person to walk with.

You know, we all wonder about things. We also worry about things a lot, but why?

Just think..
ARE YOU REALLY LIVING YOUR LIFE? Have you ever thought about life? Deeply? Maybe you should. Maybe you aren't living. Stop worrying, start living.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I LOVE this post! It's very thoughtful and make me think, which I like :)

    And second, I love the question "How does the telephone work"? I laughed when I read that, but now that I think about it, I have no idea how that thing works.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post too! I wonder about those same things also. And when I told my mom about John O'Neill I bugged her because I started to talk about a bunch of "why" questions. And I voiced my opinion...loudly...and strongly (like usual)

    ReplyDelete