Friday, September 24, 2010

How fair is life?

How fair is life? You could look at this question in many ways. You could approach the topic of racism. You could ask how fair is God towards you, how your family treats you, or how others treat you. Was it fair that your teacher yelled at you for talking when the whole class was talking? Is it fair to be called stupid because your different colored? Is it fair that your older sister gets more privellages? Is it fair that you didn't get the job you wanted?
While many of us say this is all unfair..have we ever thought about the real important, unfair things? Losing a love one. Being diagnosed with cancer. Losing your house in a fire. How fair are these things? Well today I want to discuss the fairness of being sick.

Is it really fair to have to live with an illness that may disable you in certain ways? Or do those disabilities make you stronger? Is it worth living with? How does illness change you? How does it affect your family and friends and community? Do they come together? Separate? Do they find it fair?

I'm writing this because today in my english class we're discussing the fairness of life & dying. But It makes me think of two people I know diagnosed with certain illnesses. Cancer and Diabetes. These both can kill.

Mainly, I'm just greatful for my life. If you think your life is unfair, just think of what other people go through everyday.

Well it's almost time for lunch. Sorry if I jumped around in my blog a lot. I'm a beginner who just likes to reflect and write down my thoughts.

Peace out!

Annabell Zee *

No comments:

Post a Comment